Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Can i dye my hair a natural colour blonde over bleached hair???

I have naturally blonde hair and i recently put some brown foils in it, i decided i dont like it (after 2 months) and today bleach my whole hair blonde. Its very light and im wondering if i can put a natural semi perm blonde over the top, can anyone help me with this please :-)



Can i dye my hair a natural colour blonde over bleached hair???

I'm not a hairdresser, but I recall hearing something one time when I was getting my hair done in a salon that there is a neutralizing process that has to be used to remove any remaining chemicals from your most recent coloring treatment before a subsequent color can be put on your hair.



Alternatively, if you can put off coloring your hair again for a few weeks, I would think any chemical residue would be washed out of your hair by then %26amp; you could put on any color you'd like to try. After all, you left your previous color on for 2 months - right?



Can i dye my hair a natural colour blonde over bleached hair???

Hello,



EllyKay is exactly right. I am not a hairdresser but I recently went Blonde from my naturally brown hair color. I use Divincci bleach because it works awesome, then apply a "princess blonde" toner. You have to use a toner over bleach. Have fun chosing the shade. portgirl926 Report It



Can i dye my hair a natural colour blonde over bleached hair???

I am a hair stylist and you can, but wait at least two weeks so it doesn't turn colors. If you can get your hands on some same-day color (color that you can use after a chemical process) that should work fine. I am not sure what color it will come out as though. Hope this helps!



Can i dye my hair a natural colour blonde over bleached hair???

I'm a hairstylist also, and I've never heard of waiting a couple of days to color after you bleach. We bleach and color all the time. It's called a double process. I'd never let someone leave my salon after bleaching their hair without coloring it afterwards (the shade they want) because bleach isn't a color. What we do is we tone it afterwards. Bleaching only takes you to the level you want. Then you tone out the yellow or gold at that level.



I would personally go to a salon to get a color put on it. There is alot of mistakes you could make right now if you try to do it yourself.



If you can't go to a salon, and you have to do it yourself, just remember to not use an ash color. Ash is blue based, and blue and yellow make green, right?



I wish I could tell you more, but I don't know what color you have lifted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment