Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I have naturally dark brown hair with reddish natural highlights. Is this hereditary, my country was

No one in my family has this hair color. When I was younger I had reddish hair which has darkened to a nice brown, however there are still natural red highlights all over my hair..people always ask me if I dye my hair, but I don't. My parents both have dark brown hair...is this combination of dark brown hair with natural reddish highlights sprinkled throughout my hair possibly due to because the country my parents are originally from was colonized. Just wondering as I have no idea where I inherited this hair color.



I have naturally dark brown hair with reddish natural highlights. Is this hereditary, my country was colonize

Oh yeah, it's definitely an inherited trait. Most things, like hair colour and texture, do run in the family. It's like my dad and his family having really thin, limp hair so I don't have a chance! If neither your parents, aunts/uncles or grandparents have a bit of red hair in them, it's probably a recessive gene that was present hundreds of years ago, and just got pushed aside by the brown colour you have today. But it might pop up again in your kids or grandkids, where they have a full head of bright red hair! I know alot of Irish and maybe Scottish people have light, reddish hair, that could be where the red comes from. I think natural red looks really good on people, and a natural highlight is really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment