Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What's a good product to use on natural (African) hair?

*Sigh*



I'm about fed up with my 4-year old daughter's hair. We're both naturals (we don't use chemicals to straighten our hair), and while I can get by on Shea Butter and Leave-In conditioner I have yet to find anything I can use that will give her hair "moisture". I've tried Shea Butter, but it simply sits on top of her hair and gives it a dull look. Mango butter (Elasta QP's) doesn't work any better, and I even tried Crisco (the white shortening stuff) but that dries her hair out even more. She is allergic to petroleum (so am I), so "hair grease" is out of the question. I even tried pure Coconut oil, but that stuff can smell rancid after one day in the sun. Does anyone else have a suggestion for a product? Relaxers and Pressing Combs are out of the question.



What's a good product to use on natural (African) hair?

Ok my daughter is natrual and i am not I feel that it is her choice so I do not perm her hair. What do use is the classic egg and mayo with a little bit of olive oil. You can also use Products by Organic Root Stimulator the one that is called Olive Oil it says extra rich for dry, thirsty hair and I just read it and it has no Petroleum because it is a creme and also the Carrot oil and they also have a Tea tree oil, they both don't contain the petroleum the both can be about 9 dollars a piece because it is worth it. I hope that this helps you and your baby.



What's a good product to use on natural (African) hair?

have you ever tried the "kera-care" line that you can find in professional salons?? that is what i would suggest!! it is great stuff!



What's a good product to use on natural (African) hair?

Try Lusters Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion or Mane 'N Tail Carrot Oil Cream. Those products I use in my hair all of the time and my hair is never dull or dry or brittle. Or try Just 4 Me hair care products for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment