Thursday, April 26, 2012

Natural hair textures..?

im transitioning and ive noticed i have two completely different textures..the first one is extremely nappy lol like beady bead type and difficult to manage.. and the other is like tiny coil spirals that are cute and fun to play with cuz when i unravel them they go back to their springy shape...this texture is located in the middle and the front of my head..the nappy area is on the sides of my head and the nape of my neck



is it possible to just have one texture? or are their any products that enhance curl definition for my nappy areas?



thanks so much!



Natural hair textures..?

It's normal to have different textures of hair in different areas of your scalp. Some people may have "mostly" one or the other, but more than one is very common.



One good way to make it "match" better is to set it, by braiding, twisting, or rolling while damp then releasing when dry.



Moisturize the "nappier" areas more in order to bring out the natural coil more. These areas many never appear "curly," but bringing out your hair's natural beauty is largely a matter of moisture. Some people use entirely different products on different sections of their hair in order to accommodate the different textures.



Also, be sure to drink plenty of water in order to keep your hair hydrated from the inside out.



Good luck, Kaya



http://www.NaturallyYouMagazine.com



Natural hair textures..?

My hair is natural and I have about 3 different textures in it. Theres no way to get your hair all into one texture but there are ways to enhance your curls. Two ways that I know of are you can use Pantene Pro-V hydrating curls Shampoo and conditioner. I heard it works really well. Or you can use products called curlicious. Ive heard its really good. I plan on trying them in the future. Right now my hair is pretty short (about 4 inches) so its pretty curly on its own. but I do notice as it grows it gets bushier. So I havent tried any of th products yet.



Good luck on your natural Journey!!!



Natural hair textures..?

Go to long hair forum they have products by the person that use them and ideas on how to take care of your hair will doing the transitioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment