Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What's the best advice you could give to someone who's transitioning to natural hair. CUTT

I decided April 2007 to stop relaxing my hair. Currently I have a sewn in weave but before that I rocked cornrows. I want to just chop it all off but I've never did a dou that short before so I'm trying to wait until Sept 07 to cut off the relaxed ends. Since I'm just doing weaves, braids and cornrows if I have enough hair to grip I might just go ahead and cut it. Any and all advice welcomed.



What's the best advice you could give to someone who's transitioning to natural hair. CUTTING OFF RELAXED ENDS

Hello! I definately recommend you cut off all of the relaxed hair as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will experience a lot of breakage and shedding where the unrelaxed hair meets the relaxed hair. Once you have gotten rid of the relaxed hair make sure you are conditioning your relaxed hair weekly with the proper types of conditioners. For example, you should always alternate your conditioner type....protein one week, followed by moisterizer the next...then repeat the cycle. This allows the hair to properly intake the nutrients without getting "used" to the same one over and over again (which can result in the conditioner leaving a build up on the hair and not being effective). A good protein is Vitale Foaming protein or New Era Protein Reconstructor. A good moisturizing conditioner is Clairol Textures. Both of these can be purchased at your local beauty supply store. Good Luck!!



What's the best advice you could give to someone who's transitioning to natural hair. CUTTING OFF RELAXED ENDS

yep i did the same thing. wearing lace fronts with braids underneath. and when my new growth came in i chopped it ALL off and started over . i think overall it's healther to just start over and the hair will grow a lot faster without product in it



good luck



What's the best advice you could give to someone who's transitioning to natural hair. CUTTING OFF RELAXED ENDS

I suggest you just cut it off. I have been natural for a year and 8 months and my hair was long when I cut it off. I love long hair so like you, I have been rocking the weaves. I do my own hair so it is inexpensive for me. If you want, I can send you pics of when I first cut it until now. It will grow so fast and be real healthy. You do have to keep in mind the type of hair you have, because some hair is easier to manage while natural and some is alot of work. I have real thick hair so when i do wear a weave i have to sometimes blow my hair out before I glue it in and that takes time. If you are broke and lazy, I say keep it as long as you can then cut it. But if you want a great experience, cut it all off. I love telling people my hair is natural.



What's the best advice you could give to someone who's transitioning to natural hair. CUTTING OFF RELAXED ENDS

If you're not ready to wear a super short haircut, then, you could get a stylish natural looking wig. Shampoo, deep condition and braid your own hair but wear the wig until your hair grows out the way you want it.



There are a lot of nice styles to choose from. I have even seen wigs with braids.



Then, when your hair is ready for the next level (hopefully you have found a salon that works with natural hair) you can start working on your new look.



What's the best advice you could give to someone who's transitioning to natural hair. CUTTING OFF RELAXED ENDS

Welcome to the world of being natural...I at present made the same decision and I am wearing my hair in a red twa..teeny weeny afro and loving it..before you decide to cut it off it may be very traumtic, so I would tell you to continue with clipping the ends off each time you get your hair done and try wearing it in adiiferent style such as a STRAW SET..it is the perfect style when you are going from relaxed hair to natural and you still will look as if you have class and it is very pretty..

No comments:

Post a Comment