Saturday, April 14, 2012

How come some african-american women say that we should keep our hair n a natural state?

imean, my hair is natural, but it is very hard to manage if i leave it alone and poofy.. but listen 2 what she has 2 say.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOgmMFxHK...



what do u guys think??



How come some african-american women say that we should keep our hair n a natural state?

That's just her opinion. I say if you want to wear your hair natural, go ahead. If you like waves, get a wave nouveau. If you like straight, relax it. It's your preference. My hair is natural, long and healthy and it is not hard to manage, it take about the same effort as when I was relaxed (and it was long as healthy then as well). I always liked styling my hair in different styles while relaxed and I do the same with my natural hair. I don't tell others that they MUST have natural hair. My mother is relaxed and my sister is as well. I love styling their hair and who am I to say my natural hair is better - please! Regardless of what style you choose (natural, straight, wavy, afro, etc.), if anyone looks at you, you're still black.



How come some african-american women say that we should keep our hair n a natural state?

I can't really relate to african-americans who have kinky hair because my hair is more on the wavy side from my indian roots. My hair is not really hard to manage, its only hard when I don't know what hairstyle will fit my face. Not all african-americans have kinky hair though, that only applies to the ones that do. If an african-american has kinky hair they can always go to the hair dresser for tips on what to do with their hair besides just perming.



How come some african-american women say that we should keep our hair n a natural state?

okay .. being mixed with black and other stuff i know what hair like this is like . she acts like black women are the only ones who get their hair done .. white people, asians, mexicans, they do it too ! and there is nothing wrong with it .. and yes long straight hair is looked at as more attractive because of the society we were brought up in .. but i agree that it looks better too ! im sorry to say but if i was working for some corporate company as boss and a woman came in with kinky hair like the lady in the video i would think twice she just looks unprofessional .. and it IS hard to manage .. especially if you have length .. dont give me wrong you should be accepting of your heritage and all but technically most of the black women in america ARE american .. so by fault there gonna go along with there customs .. if shes trying to tell us that we should "embrace" our race why doesn't she learn swahili and learn how to hunt with a spear .. not saying that all africans speak swahili and hunt with spears but i hope you get my point .. and there is a HUGE diffference with hair that is nice waves or curly .. opposed to kinky hair .. and the lady in the video did a twist thingy and thats NOT natural .. and on top of that , shes just trying to be different

No comments:

Post a Comment